Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Luscious Lemon Cake

Craving a lusciously lemon dessert? I have just the fix! This cake is sooo good both warm from the oven or chilled from the fridge. Its basically a lemon cake cake with a lemon pudding mixture poured over top and while baking the pudding goes through the cake mixture and to the bottom of the pan creating an oh so yummy treat!

INGREDIENTS
1 pkg lemon cake mix
2 cups cold milk
1 1/4 cups water
2 pkg. (4 serving size each) Jell-O lemon flavored instant pudding
1/3 cup granulated sugar
powdered sugar to top














Prepare cake batter according to package and pour into greased 13x9-inch baking dish and set aside.
Next pour milk and water into large bowl and mix in pudding mixes and sugar. Mix this with a whisk like you were making regular pudding. Pour this mixture over the top of the cake batter.














Before putting this in the oven I am warning you...place the baking dish on a baking sheet to catch any sauce that will bubble over the sides of the dish as it bakes. Trust me it will! Bake at 350 for 55 minutes to an hour.














Let cake cool down for a few minutes and then sprinkle powdered sugar over the top. Pudding thickens as it cools but is ready to serve warm.














I'm sure you could make this cake any flavor you like...chocolate lovers use chocolate cake and pudding...strawberry lovers use strawberry and so forth. Personally I choose lemon desserts over chocolate desserts any day! Whats funny is that I'm not into lemon candies like lemonheads or lemon starburst or lemon skittles......just the desserts! Give me the warm gooey goodness of a lemon dessert and I'm one happy gal! Hope you enjoy this cake as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment