Friday, January 2, 2009

Corn Souffle

Hi everyone! We are sneaking some veggies in today...corn that is! This has got to be one of the easiest recipes ever and you probably already have all the ingredients awaiting you in your kitchen. I love this recipe best because a lot of others like it use way too much butter. When cooking I really try to avoid using butter and salt whenever possible. For instance when I make rice or something that says to boil water and butter....I skip the butter! Shhh....no one can tell! And on my baked potatoes...I add everything but the butter! I also try to buy no salt added canned veggies. But hey that's just me! Back to the recipe, I make this as a side dish and it works well as a potluck dish too.

INGREDIENTS:
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
2 tbsp. butter
1 can of cream style corn
1 can of whole kernel corn (drained)
1 8.5 oz. pkg. Jiffy corn muffin mix
2 eggs
handful of cheddar cheese (give or take to sprinkle on top)















First melt the butter and cream cheese in the microwave. I usually cut the cream cheese up into cubes a bit to help it melt faster. A minute is all my microwave takes but give or take on others. Stir this mixture up.















Add the remaining ingredients except for the cheese and mix well. It will look a little something like this.















Pour into your greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with as much cheese as you so desire. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until the top turns slightly browned.















Like I said earlier its a great side dish but one of my good friends Tina likes to take the leftovers and add salsa and sour cream to it and eat it as a meal for lunch or snack and its just awesome all over again! Another option is to use Mexican style corn for a little kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment