Friday, March 27, 2009

Hummus

Humm a what? Hummus! Ok, I've been seeing hummus this and hummus that in the stores lately and have been totally clueless as to just what the heck hummus was. Its chick peas. Ok, still lost...its garbanzo beans with a fancy shmansy name put on it to throw us all off! I'm so onto those bean people and all their names for one particular type of a bean! Gosh they really know how to confuse a girl!

Roaming my beloved health food aisles I came across several types of hummus dip. Beings as though I love hot and spicy foods I chose the Jalapeno one and grabbed a bag of hummus chips to go along with them. What did I think? Yumm! Its like bean dip cause essentially that's what it is aside from all the fancy name calling. The chips...yumm as well! I bought original flavored ones and they have a nice flavor to them and aren't all bland and boring like I was assuming. I can't really describe the taste to you but they were good enough that me and the kids woofed down the bag and half a jar of dip like nothing!



















So if you like regular bean dip chances are you'll like hummus!

No comments:

Post a Comment