Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tostadas

Tired of tacos? Make tostadas instead!

I feel like I make the same dishes over and over all the time. So instead of just another night of tacos I've been trying to jazz em up a bit. Tostadas are basically tacos but presented in a more oh fashionable approach! I'm really missing the mall can you tell?

Ingredients:
2lb. hamburger
1 packet of taco seasoning(my favorite is Old El Paso)
Tostada shells
1 can of refried beans
Topping such as lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream...

Brown your meat, drain, add water and taco seasoning as you would normally make tacos. Add refried beans to mixture and cook till its all mixed and warmed up. Place tostada shells on baking sheet and heat up for a few minutes in the oven.
Top the shells with meat and bean mixture and then top with lettuce, cheese, sour cream, salsa or whatever your fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment